Monday, May 25, 2009

Grant's Farm

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Saturday we went to Grant's Farm and was so surprised by it. I had never been, while it had been a long time since Rob had. As we pulled up, the Clydesdale Barn was right next to where we parked. As we walked into the barn, I was so amazed how big these animals were. Then walking outside to see them in the pasture, 3 adults and 1 baby were at the edge of the fence. That was such a neat sight. Of course Baron loved it however he kept going "ruff, ruff, ruff". I tried to teach him how the horse went but he still wanted to bark like a dog.
So, we had everything packed in the stroller and started the long walk from the parking lot to the entrance. I was glad that we decided to go on that particular day because it was beautiful. Anyway, as were walking in, Rob and I were noticing that you had to take a tram into the park. Lovely...because the stroller was PACKED and you had to empty it out and collapse it to ride the tram. We managed, just wish I would have done a little more research before we came.
Once we were in, we walked around spending an ample amount of time at each pen. Of course Baron got the biggest kick out of the baby goats (who wouldn't). Rob's job was to get the milk for the goats and take Baron inside the pen. My job was to film and take pictures at the same time. No easy task...I honestly think Baron liked playing in the rocks more than playing with the goats. The hardest part was to not let him drink the goats milk because Rob said he would hand the bottle to him and the first chance he got it was straight into the mouth. Once we were outside and of course under my watch, we (Baron and I) head for the fence to feed the goats through it. Again, I'm trying to do too much while trying to film him feeding them, he gives the goat the bottle and then takes a swig for himself. YUCK! Just what I didn't want to happen. I yanked it out, milk starts running down his chin, and he looks at me like I threw his Binky away. Oh well, I guess that's better than eating poop.
All in all, it was an awesome visit. I would love to go back again now knowing what it expect. I think Baron really got a kick out of all the animals and even being able to pet several of them. Walking around the park really made me realize that this is my family and I was so proud.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...