Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Smells like Christmas...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


We finally decorated the house this weekend and if that doesn't pull you into the spirit then you should just stick your head in a bucket. I love it at night when all the lights are off in the house and the Christmas lights just sparkle throughout. The smells of the Cinnamon and Pine candles as well as the tree just makes me think of good times ahead. Baron is going to love this Christmas and we can't wait.
Ok, enough of that gooey stuff. I had Rob get the decorations down from the garage attic and once inside, I started unpacking. While doing that, I saw a note to myself to buy some more pre-lit garland for the stairs. That was stupid. Nothing like getting started and then hitting a roadblock. So, I thought I could just run up to K-Mart really quick and pick up some. I took Baron with me and since I was just going to run in for one thing, I didn't put Baron in a cart. B I G M I S T A K E! While I'm trying to find the correct set of lights, he's pulling so hard away from my hand and I'm squeezing harder and harder that I think that I'm going to break it. I let go and keep an eye on him. Of course he runs straight to the pre-lit deer that moves his head and pushes it right over. When he did that, it pushed everything next to it over. Lovely...
So, as I fight with him to get to the checkout line that I now notice is 7 deep and proceed to wait. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, we were finally next. The nice old lady in front of us only had one item so I assumed she would be quick. Umm NOPE. Not when she writes a personal check. By that time, Baron is doing the limp baby thing and screaming BALLOOOOOOOON because someone decided that balloons would be a nice holiday touch at the end of the isles.
Finally out of the store, thank goodness, and back in the car. Once home, after letting the monster run around, I go to check the pre-lit garland lights just to make sure they work..........and they don't. ARE YOU SERIOUS!! All that for nothing.
Christmas can wait and we went to bed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...