Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finally a success!

I know I have been going on and on about Fondant but I finally had a breakthrough. After the last failure, I had practically given up and was going to wait until I could find a class that I could attend. I stumbled on a new recipe and thought I would give it one more shot. This was complete with pictures (the best part) and looked easy enough, however, that’s what I thought with the last one.

To say this was easy was an understatement. As I was making it and following to a T, I kept thinking of the lengthy process I had followed before and there was no way this was going to work out. After I refrigerated the fondant overnight, I attempted the hard part the following day. All I can say is that I started coloring and decorating at 4.30pm and finished at 5.45pm. This too was during those horrible storms so, in between watching the constant weather information on TV and the several breaks to stare outside the sliding glass door to see if the tornado was coming, I would say that was a awesome success.

042410 (6) 042410 (14)042410 (25) 042410 (20) 042410 (24)

1 comment:

Krista P said...

It looks like it turned out great!

What kind of filling did you use? Raspberry?

For the record, I gave up on fondant - I agree that it's not for the faint at heart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...