Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Christmas Tree *Custom* Bokeh

While reading the site, KevinandAmanda, there was a tutorial on how to create a custom Bokeh. In photography, Bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light" (stole that from Wikipedia).
So I needed a subject that would not only sit quietly (since Baron was napping) but also very still. Mr. Elf that sits on our shelf was a perfect candidate. Then I switched to Heidrich after I knew what I was doing. I tried to cut out a Christmas tree but it really didn't resemble one and eventually switched to the heart. Not too shabby for the first try...and very easy I must say.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

Krista P said...

Nicely done. Fun, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...