Monday, May 17, 2010

Look who’s in his BIG BOY BED!

Rob and I took the leap of faith and transitioned Baron to his big boy bed. After consulting with many on what to do, we finally settled with a twin mattress on the floor. Eventually we will keep adding layers till he’s up to the real thing. But for now, this has worked out just perfect. We decided to bring it out on Wednesday and start with nap time then because he will have just gotten back from school and he is usually exhausted from all the activity. So, all week leading up to this we had been talking a lot about the big boy bed and hoping that it would sink in that something was about to change.

As you can see in the video, he didn’t mind the mattress being on the floor. I think he was just happy that he was actually able to jump on something and not get in trouble. I did the normal routine for his nap and laid him down and told him it’s not play time but nap time and walked out. About 5 mins later I hear a loud noise and, “UH OH” muffled by his binky. I head up there with the camera and see that he’s figured out how to get his vent off. What I didn’t know, was that he had thrown a few books down it. Grrreeeaaat… I think we put him down at 12.45pm and he was finally asleep by 2.30pm. He eventually fell asleep after many times of Rob and I heading in there to have him lay back down. Bed time was much easier, he did cry a little bit but I think because it was so dark he didn’t get up and went to sleep right away and it has been that way since. We’re still working on mastering the nap time but I do have to say that it has been getting much better and only the first day did it take that long. I think the longest since then has been 30 mins. Not too shabby…Our lil guy is growing up.

  bigboybed

 051210 (25) 

051210 (27)

He has been known to sneak a book to bed from time to time…051210 (28)

 

 

1 comment:

Krista P said...

I didn't realize how tall he's getting until I saw him sprawled on his mattress.

Bitter sweet moment, isn't it? I'm proud of him :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...