Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I did it!

 

020611

I can officially say that Baron is potty trained. It’s actually been over a month and a half since he’s had an accident but I have been slacking on posting it. I would have taken a video of him going on his own, but thought to save him the embarrassment later in life.

I was pretty surprised how easy it was to do it. My sister suggested getting pull ups and then having him pick out his own big boy underwear's  and he did really well at first but it wasn’t until Baron’s teacher at school said that he goes on his own while he’s there. I was shocked to say the least.

Awhile back, after his nap, he wanted to play all by himself in his room. At least that’s what he told me. So I went back down to the office to continue to get some work done all while listening to him play via the monitor. After several minutes of playing, I noticed it was quiet, very quiet. Until I heard the toilet flush. I sprinted up the stairs thinking he’s playing in the toilet or I’m going to have to fish something out of it but it was the opposite. As I reached the top of the stairs, he was walking out of the bathroom and asked him what he was doing. He simply replied, “I go potty, mommy”. Simple as that. Nothing made me more proud…other than the pee racing down the side of the wall, it’s a start. We can work on aim later:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...