Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Strassenfest 2010

Last weekend was Strassenfest and along with our family, Matt came as well as Chad, Stacy and Riley. It was a little chilly but we made do. The kids loved it and the big kids really loved the big ol beers they were serving (minus the price of course). The first thing we did was head over to the jump houses and go figure, they were getting ready to shut down so Baron and Riley were only able to slide down the giant slide once. I think that was enough for Riley, because she climbed up there and wouldn’t come down for the life of her. You would think that Baron would help the girl out that he loves so much, but he just walked right over her and slid down the slide leaving her all alone. Thankfully, after the strong negotiating wasn’t getting her down, Chad who weighs just about the same as Baron, climbed up to her rescue.

After that, we waited in line for what seemed like an eternity for MiMi the balloon lady. Now, since we have been going to these festivals a lot recently I have had my fair share of cutters. I understand when it’s a little kid who doesn’t know better but when it’s an older child and the parents are so close and not do anything, that just makes me cry like a baby, stomp my feet and call her a cutter. I didn’t, my feet were too cold. So, as you probably guessed, as we were waiting in line, this family cut in front of us. I wouldn’t have cared if MiMi the balloon expert were fast but no, she was slow as a snail and would list every entire balloon that she made. Erg. I just bit my tongue and stood with Baron and waited. Baron got his Bumblee Bee (as he calls it) and Riley was able to get a pink Pony.

Last, was the dancing of course. The kids had a ball and from the video, Riley was able to have a special dance with a nice gentleman in Lederhosen. It was so cute. Baron seems to be on this kick of getting on the ground and either doing the splits or putting one leg up. Maybe he’s trying to break-dance, only if he would just do the moves I taught him, heck no, getting on the ground is more fun.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           100210

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...